WASHINGTON (Talk Media News) — Hillary Clinton dismissed the Benghazi report released by House Republicans on Tuesday, saying that she would “leave it to others to characterize this report.”
“I think it’s pretty clear it is time to move on,” Clinton said while campaigning in Denver, Colorado.
The report was the result of an investigation from Republicans that has been brewing since the 2012 attack on a U.S. consulate in the Libyan city of Benghazi. Four Americans died in the incident.
Earlier Tuesday, the House Select Committee on Benghazi released a 800-page report nearly two years after the committee was formed during the tenure of former House Speaker John Boehner.
Clinton herself has testified twice before Congress about the incident, once in 2013 while she was still serving as secretary of State, and last year when she testified before the Select Committee for 11 hours.
“I understand that after more than two years and $7 million spent by the Benghazi Committee out of taxpayer funds, it had to today report it found nothing — nothing — to contradict the conclusions of the independent accountability board or the conclusion of the prior, multiple congressional investigations carried out on a bipartisan basis in the Congress,” Clinton said.
Ultimately, Tuesday’s report did not garner any new evidence directly tying Clinton to the deaths of those Americans, which included Ambassador Chris Stevens, but it did shine more light on security deficiencies at the facility.
The report also slammed the Obama administration’s immediate response to the attacks and attempted to paint a picture of an intentional effort to mislead officials and the public about what happened.
The White House on Tuesday similarly dismissed the report, saying that it amounted to a purely political exercise.
“Is the [Republican National Committee] going to disclose the in-kind contribution?” White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest quipped during the daily press briefing.