WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump said Wednesday that he would be “very disappointed” if he found out that North Korea was working to rebuild a missile site following the collapse of last week’s summit in Hanoi.
“I would be very disappointed if that were happening,” Trump said from the Oval Office. “I would be very, very disappointed in Chairman [Kim Jong Un] and I don’t think I will be, but we’ll see what happens. We’ll take a look.”
Earlier in the day, two third-party satellite trackers released satellite images showing activity at the Sohae Satellite launch facility.
U.S. intelligence agencies had declined to comment on the photos.
“It’s a very early report,” Trump said. “We’re the ones that put it out.”
It’s unclear what the president was suggesting the U.S. released.
Trump and Kim met face-to-face in Vietnam last week for talks aimed at thwarting North Korea’s nuclear capabilities.
The discussions proved to be fruitless, with Trump claiming that he walked away from the table after North Korea called for all sanctions to be removed.
North Korean officials countered, saying that they asked for less than half of the sanctions levied against the nation to be rolled back.